RSS Feed

Getting Married in Another Church (Banns)

If you live in the Parish of St Andrew, but wish to marry in a church elsewhere, you are required by law to have your Banns read in your parish church.

The Banns will need to be read on three consecutive Sundays prior to the date of the wedding, after which a certificate will be issued for you to give to the church where the wedding is to be conducted.  This must be done before the marriage can take place.


Please contact us in plenty of time if you need to have your Banns of Marriage read at St Andrews. 

Privacy Notice | Powered by Church Edit